2 hr Author Visit
Have you read one of Zena’s stories, or heard about them? Would you like to know how Zena became a writer and manages her time? How did she win so many writing competitions? Having worked in the Australian publishing industry for over 14 years – as a freelance editor, copywriter, ghostwriter, book creator, layout designer, writing judge, tutor, mentor, and author – Zena loves sharing what she knows with readers, aspiring writers, fans of any age, and interested school kids. In this talk, you can discover any of the following:
- how Zena became an author and developed her writing career
- where she finds inspiration and how she translates it into fiction
- the differences between writing for adults and kids
- how the publishing world has changed and the future of writing
- why bookshops buy what they do, and how this works with online retailers of both ebooks and print-on-demand titles
- what’s expected of writers in today’s publishing world, including promoting your stories and ‘author brand’
- the costs, complications and logistics of printing, marketing and editing a book
- how to build a career as an author, including generating multiple income streams, leveraging technology to your advantage, building relationships with bookstores, contracts and tax
- basic writing principles and techniques most writers fail to master
- how to make collaborative writing work
- anything else you want to ask Zena about writing or books!
Want to arrange an author talk?
Then please get in touch with the date, audience and venue you have in mind.
Alternatively, read about other available talks, workshops and seminars here.